This page provides Information regarding First United Methodist Church’s youth scholarship and loan programs for church members.
This is the time of year when high school seniors and others attending college should be aggressively pursuing funding sources for continuing education. There are sources available through our local church, the Iowa United Methodist Conference and the greater United Methodist denomination.
There will be two programs sponsored by First United Methodist Church of Burlington this year: low interest loans will be provided by the Mildred Westfall Trust MILDRED WESTFALL LOAN APPLICATION. This program is administered by our own church scholarship committee. The application form can be obtained by clicking and printing the PDF file. The application form is also available at our church office at 416 Jefferson Street. The deadline for submission of this application form will be the last Friday in March.
The Kenneth Koch Memorial Scholarship Awarded by the United Methodist Men Criteria for applicants eligibility. Must be a member of the Burlington First United Methodist Church. Must be a graduating high school student or college student who will be enrolled in a post high school institution in the year of this award. Click for application KKM Scholarship Application. The deadline for submission of this application form will be the last Friday in March.
Other opportunities include:
1. The Elinor Lundgren Music Scholarship to Iowa Wesleyan College gives priority to members of First United Methodist Church, Burlington, as they consider awarding the scholarship. Access to this scholarship is through the Iowa Wesleyan Admissions Office.
2. The Iowa United Methodist Foundation provides additional scholarships for many circumstances. Check out their website at www.iumf.org and click on the “scholarships” tab in the left hand column. Eligibility requirements and application forms are downloadable from that site.
3. The United Methodist GBHEM in Nashville, TN offers several means of support to those seeking higher education in the forms of scholarships, grants and low interest loans. To learn more about these sources please visitwww.gbhem.org or contact the Office of Loans and Scholarships by telephone at 615-340-7346. All applications and awards are handled online.
4. The Robert D Rowley Memorial Scholarship is available through Two Rivers Bank for those who are pursuing a degree in the field of health care at Southeastern Community College, Iowa Wesleyan College or The University of Iowa. Applications can be obtained from the bank through John Walz at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 319-753-9136.
5. Go to The Iowa Conference website at http://iaumc.org and click on the “Youth and Young Adult” option to look for opportunities there.
Please contact Jim Corder at 319-753-2689 or email@example.com if you have questions.